Gabbie and Dominic Notes - August 2019

Thu, Aug 1

I arrived at CP and Brad's house at 8:15 a.m. Brad was at work. CP had a dentist appointment this morning. And Rhonda would take Gabbie to speech therapy class this morning.

When I arrived, Gabbie wore a dress that Deb made last summer. The dress looked great on Gabbie, coming down to her knee. The dress was multi-colored, and it wrapped around her body, and it was held shut by ties that Deb included on the dress. Dominic laid on the mat that resided atop the ottoman. This mat contains four prongs that meet in the middle above Dominic. Fun things dangle from the prongs. A mirror exists too. Dominic enjoys spending time looking up and sometimes touching the dangling toys.

Gabbie told me to get a ball. I could not find the crocheted ball. I looked all over. Gabbie pulled out a small soccer ball from the upstairs play area, and we kicked that ball around for a long time. Gabbie enjoyed kicking the soccer ball, and she kicked it well at times. Then she went into her bedroom and came back out with the crocheted ball. I think that the crocheted ball has become a new addition to her nap time and bedtime entourage of things to take to bed.

CP made breakfast for Gabbie. She ate her table and chair that was situation in the living room. It's a drawing table. She ate mainly the yogurt.

CP left a little after 9:00 a.m. Dominic rested on the mat, enjoying himself. I entertained him too while he laid on the mat. Gabbie and I played upstairs.

I changed Dominic's diaper shortly after 9:00 a.m. Then at about 9:30 a.m., he wanted fed. CP placed a bottle in the warmer machine before she left. I sat on the recliner chair and fed Dominic who drank the milk for only five minutes or so, and then he went to sleep on my left shoulder.

Gabbie wormed her way into the same chair, sitting on my left side. She squirmed, bumping Dominic. She patted Dominic's head and back, but Dominic never stirred. He sleeps hard. Hardly anything stirs him.

Rhonda arrived at about 10:00 a.m. Dominic was still asleep. Gabbie was a little reluctant to leave. She tried to get me up out of my chair by reaching her hand behind the right side of my back and trying to push me or pull me out of the chair to go to. When I said no, she cried briefly.

When Rhonda and Gabbie left around 10:15 a.m., Gabbie was fine. She said, "Bye."

Dominic awoke shortly after 10:00 a.m. He drank a little milk, and then he rested some more. Then around 10:15 a.m., Dominic was wide awake, and I held him out in front of me while I sat in the chair, and I let Dominic lounge in my arms, facing me. That's when Dominic likes to smile and make cooing noises.

Dominic only drank about 1/3 of the 9:30 a.m. bottle. I think that the contents are good for 60 minutes. He was not interested in feeding anymore between 10:15 and 10:30.

Around 10:20 or so, I laid him back on the mat with the four prongs. I played with Dominic by using a small stuffed cow that would light up and make noises. Not cow noises but human voice noises. Dominic seemed fascinated with the toy. He laid on the mat for at least 40 minutes while I played with him. Dominic would stay fairly still for a few seconds, and then he would flail his arms and legs for a few seconds, and then he would get still again, and then flail his limbs again.

I assume the flailing meant Dominic was fascinated or excited by whatever we were playing with. He will hold onto a dangling toy when placed into his hands.

Around 11:00 a.m., he got a little fussy, but it meant that he wanted a change of scenery. Sometimes, he likes to be held. I picked him up, and held up against my left shoulder. He looked behind me. I walked around the first floor of the house. He holds his head up well, and sometimes he would lean back and look to his left, across my front.

When I walk around the house, he likes to look at the lights and ceiling fans and really everything.

After walking around for a little while, I changed his diaper, and then I placed him back on the mat. He was fine with lounging on the mat again. We played. He twitched with excitement.

CP came home around 11:10 a.m. She immediately took a shower. Dominic and I played on the mat.

At about 11:30 a.m., Dominic wanted fed again. It's about every two hours that he wants to feed. CP fed Dominic.

Gabbie's speech therapy appointment started at 10:45 a.m. Rhonda and Gabbie arrived back at the house around 11:45 a.m., maybe Noonish. Gabbie and I played upstairs and then we went downstairs and played for a while. We played with the crochet ball and the soccer ball on the steps and in the basement. Gabbie likes to roll the balls down the wide railing, along the steps that lead from the front door to the upstairs, main floor area.

In the basement, Gabbie had me dig out an old toy that she played with back in the first half of 2017. Today, she enjoyed pressing the buttons and everything else attached to the toy, which is the upside down triangle walker thingy.

In the basement, Gabbie enjoyed stacking Lego-like bricks.

When upstairs earlier, Gabbie banged on her toy piano, and when she finished her recital, she would hold her arms straight up into the air with flair.

I made Gabbie lunch around 12:40 p.m., which included frozen chicken nugget or chunk-like things, warmed in the microwave, turkey lunch meat, cheese stick, strawberries, and applesauce. Gabbie ate well, except she did not eat all of her strawberries. She must not like strawberries as well as other fruits. Gabbie ate at her table and chair, located in the living room.

Gabbie went to bed for nap at around 1:10 a.m. She was a little reluctant at first, but she did not protest much. She went voluntarily, and she fell asleep quickly.

I left the house at 3:10 p.m. Gabbie was still asleep. Dominic was asleep on CP who was also asleep.


Sat, Aug 3

Deb and I arrived at CP and Brad's house around 11:15 a.m. On the way up, we visited Glass City Roasters for java and a pastry. I ordered a double espresso. Deb ordered an iced coffee or something like that. We both ordered a square-ish, firm pastry that has a French-sounding name, but it's popular in New Orleans. ??? Anyway, it was delicious. We ordered the ones with lemon filling.

CP was at work, and Brad needed to leave for a while to help Andy with his move.

We started by playing in the upstairs play area. I sat on one of the small chairs at Gabbie's tea table.

Gabbie gave brief piano recitals. She likes to bang on the keys of her small piano and then raise her arms in touchdown fashion like she wants applause. Funny.

We kicked the small soccer ball upstairs. Gabbie likes to play ball with me when I arrive, which is cool. We went downstairs and we played ball on the steps to downstairs. I should probably kibosh our playing on the steps, since one or both of us could get seriously injured. Gabbie enjoys rolling balls down the wide, flat railing along the steps. She got the idea from me when I first did that back in June or July. Oops.

Gabbie is a sponge. She observes and remembers even when it appears that she is not paying attention.

We played downstairs for a while before lunch. Gabbie ate some of her lunch around 12:40 p.m.

She reluctantly laid down for a nap at about 1:30 p.m. I spent time playing with Dominic as he laid on the mat. I also gave Dominic a bottle. Deb spent a lot of time with Dominic, since she does not get to see the kids as often as I do.

Gabbie awoke around 3:00 p.m. I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Gabbie upstairs and downstairs. In the basement, we played with Barbie dolls. Gabbie seems more interested in the furniture, such as tables, chairs, etc. than the dolls. We set up a lot of Barbie doll-related furniture on the floor. Gabbie enjoyed placing a Moana doll on a Barbie doll slide.

Gabbie keeps pulling out old toys from the downstairs office. She plays with these toys that she used two years ago.

We played a lot more ball upstairs, downstairs, and on the steps. She's getting pretty good at kicking the small soccer ball. And she's improved her throwing skills this year too. And she is catching a ball a lot better now too. We need to show her a soccer match and maybe take her to a high school football game this fall. Any sports that involve a ball will probably interest Gabbie.

Gabbie ate dinner by sitting at her small drawing table in the living room. I sat behind her on the couch eating my dinner, which Deb picked up from the little store nearby that offers Mediterranean food. I ate a falafel sandwich.

Earlier in the day, I dialed up Bounce Patrol videos to show Deb how Gabbie interacts with the videos by singing, dancing, making arm motions, and reciting words and sounds.

Gabbie still speaks mainly in one-word sentences, but she says more words each week or month. She started saying, "Here you go" last fall or back in the winter because, I assume, I have said that phrase to her so much in the past, especially in the first half of 2018 when Gabbie and I played with the big pile of head bands or hair thingys in her bedroom.

But for Gabbie, "Here you go" could be a three syllable word. Gabbie says "elephant."

Gabbie went to bed after 7:00 p.m., but she was still awake when Deb and I left a good while later. For a long while, Gabbie stood in room, looking out the window.

Dominic enjoyed "standing" in a doughnut thingy. Earlier when I held him in my lap while seated, I held Dominic so that he could face me, and I let him support himself with his legs. I held his body, but he helped himself by standing too. He's growing fast and getting stronger quickly.

Dominic twitched and flailed a lot with excitement when he laid on the mat and I held the stuff, toy zebra that lights up in the chest area and makes noises.

Dominic likes to be held over my shoulder and walked around the house. He looks around. He likes lights and moving ceiling fans.

Deb and I were both a little tired when we arrived home. In the afternoon while playing with the Barbie stuff in the basement, I sat on the floor for a long time. When I sit for a long time on the floor, eventually, I need to stretch my legs more by either standing or lying down. I stretched out on the basement couch, since Gabbie was playing by herself. When Gabbie saw me on the couch, she came over and pulled the blanket down over me, and she said, "Night, night."


Tue, Aug 6

I arrived around 6:30 p.m. CP was sick, possibly related to food poisoning obtained at a fast food restaurant, since Rhonda was ill too.

Jay visited.

Wed, Aug 7

11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Gabbie grabbed my chin to make me look at her instead of at Dominic.

Dominic slept on my for about 90 minutes while I sat in the chair in the upstairs play area.

Thu, Aug 8

10:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.

Deb visited around 6:30 p.m.

This week, Gabbie started exhibiting high pitched, playful squeals and laughs.

This week, Dominic started exhibiting loud "talking" in his way. Loud enough that I could hear him in the basement. He played excitedly, flailing his arms and legs, smiling, laughing, and making numerous joyous noises. Again, some of his playful noises were surprisingly loud this week.

Sat, Aug 10

Erie Orchards to pick peaches.

Lunch in downtown Erie at the Erie Restaurant and Bar.

Blissfield = Spinning Moon Farm

Dinner at bar in downtown Blissfield.

Played at the park until a little after 8:00 p.m.

Tue, Aug 13

CP texted after 10:00 a.m., wondering if I could come up and hang out. Apparently, Gabbie acted a bit feisty in the morning. CP put Gabbie into three timeouts. Gabbie threw a plate at Dominic and at Catherine.

I decided to head up. I arrived at 11:45 a.m. I entered through the front door. Gabbie greeted me with a big smile and hoots and hollers, behind the gate at the top of the steps. She likes to say loudly, something like "Whew!" We shook hands. Handshaking has been a standard greeting for a while now. Gabbie still likes to do high-fives and low-fives occasionally.

She pointed to my shoes and said "shoes" indicating that I needed to take off my Keen's sandals.

We started by playing in the living room with the magnetic building shapes.

But soon after I arrived, Gabbie said, "Ball!" and pointed toward the play area or toward the downstairs steps, which was her way of telling me to get the ball or balls. I sat on the floor. Gabbie pushed me on the top of my back, trying to get me to get up and go find the balls.

Gabbie took off to the upstairs play area and found a different kind of ball that was prickly. I think that it was some kind of massage ball. I found the small soccer ball and the crocheted ball.

The ball playing commenced upstairs, kicking and throwing the balls. Then we moved to the steps, rolling the balls down the railing. But this ended quickly.

Gabbie wanted to play in her bedroom. We got into the teepee. Gabbie went to the living room to gather her bedtime possessions: blanket, two elephant lovies, and two baby dolls. She put all of those items into the teepee. I like the teepee. It's tall and roomy. I can hold Gabbie, her toys, and two adults. Sometimes, Daisy likes to crowd into the teepee too.

At 12:06 p.m., we moved to the upstairs play area. I sat at the small tea table, sitting in a small chair. Gabbie made numerous trips from her kitchen setup to the table, bringing me toy kitchen tools and toy food. We have been pretending to drink tea and eat food at the table for many months. Gabbie enjoys her kitchen setup that she received last year. But this ended quickly too.

By 12:08 p.m., Gabbie began packing up the toy food and kitchen tools, placing the items into a blue plastic bin. Gabbie said, "All gone."

We moved back to her bedroom. We brought the blue plastic bin of toy food. We sat on her bedroom floor at 12:09 p.m., and we played with the toy kitchen tools, plates, and food as we sat on the floor.

Gabbie liked to say, "Hot" and "Eww" and "Oww."

For banana, Gabbie shortened the word to "neenuh," sounding similar to what Gabbie calls Deb.

12:21 p.m. - we placed the toy food and items back into the bin. We were done dining on the bedroom floor.

At 12:23 p.m., we were back in the play area. Gabbie wanted the overhead light turned on. I turned it on for her. She likes to order me around. She will probably be in management some day.

When I turned the overhead light on for the play area, Gabbie hooted and hollered again. She said something like "Whoo!" Funny. She gets excited over the small things. Of course, I make a big deal about every little thing.

Catherine mentioned eating lunch to Gabbie multiple times, and every time, Gabbie responded with an emphatic "No!" She wanted to keep playing.

Gabbie says the word "No" well, sometimes with dramatic arm and head movements for emphasis.

We spent time assembling plastic toy train track. Very small loop. Gabbie played with the train engine for a good while. For some reason, she liked to pick up the train when it started moving and she would turn the engine over and study the wheels. I kept trying to convince her to let the train run for a bit, but as soon as it started to move an inch, Gabbie snatched the engine up and turned it over and studied the wheels.

Maybe she will be an engineer.

At 12:37 p.m., Gabbie started eating lunch, seated at the small table in the play area. She ate mac and cheese shells, snap peas or beans or something green and flat and firm, and blackberries.

At 12:49 p.m., Gabbie finished eating lunch. She ate with flair, throwing her head back often after taking a bit. Sometimes, she made the airplane noises as she brought food to her mouth. "Ahhhh."

At 12:50 p.m., we were back in Gabbie's bedroom. She found her small, bright, LED flashlight. When she turned it on, she said, "Wow! Wow!!"

Then we moved back to the play area. Book time. Gabbie enjoyed viewing the photos in a book called Ohio Critters, which showed common creatures found in Ohio, such as a Northern Cardinal, Painted Turtle, etc.

We played more with the train track. We made it an oval, and Gabbie let the train run around the small oval track.

1:11 p.m. - Gabbie donned large sunglasses. Hilarious. She wrapped her blanket around her. Double hilarious. She wanted to go downstairs. She ordered me to bring the balls downstairs.

Gabbie unraveled the small floor bed, and she laid on the bed, covered under her blanket. She gathered a bunch of toys around her. She might have been a bit tired. We played a game where I pretended that she was pretending to be sleeping, and I would wake her up. She giggled.

Gabbie laid down for a nap at 1:40 p.m. with only minor protesting. While I sat in the living room, I could hear Gabbie through the door and over the monitor sing and chat before falling asleep around 1:50 p.m.

CP and I watched Letterkenny on Hulu. Episode 1 for Season 2 is a riot. But a lot of them are riots.

Around 3:00 p.m., I took Dominic from CP, and I held Dominic while seated, and I walked around with him, and I laid him down on the mat and played with him. He likes to smile a lot. He gets excited when playing on the mat.

Gabbie awoke at 3:35 p.m. I held Dominic. I entered Gabbie's room with Dominic in my arms. We sat on the floor of Gabbie's bedroom. Dominic watched Gabbie. Then we all moved to the teepee, which was not easy for me, since I held Dominic. I scooted across the floor and into the teepee.

Dominic was quiet and wide-eyed when we sat in the teepee with Gabbie. Dominic enjoys watching his big sister.

After a while, CP came in, and I handed Dominic to Catherine. Gabbie and I left the bedroom. We sat on the couch for snack time, and we played with the magnetic shaped blocks while on the couch.

At 4:05 p.m., we were in the upstairs play area. Gabbie looked at the Ohio Critters book again.

At 4:08 p.m., we were in Gabbie's bedroom. Gabbie played with the flashlight. Then at 4:15 p.m., we moved downstairs.

While downstairs, Gabbie quietly played with her toys on the floor while I kicked the crocheted ball repeatedly like a field goal kicker, soccer style. I wore my right knee out a bit. Too much sidewinder kicking. But it was fun. Gabbie kept playing by herself while I kicked the ball over her and against the west wall.

We were back upstairs at 5:00 p.m. I played with Dominic as he laid on the mat. Gabbie played with Dominic too.

Gabbie ate some dinner, and I left at 5:30 p.m. to pick up our CSA produce from a drop-off point in Sylvania.


Fri, Aug 16

Three years ago today, my Dad passed away. Deb took today off from work. We went to CP and Brad's house. We planned a trip to the Toledo Zoo.

Deb and I arrived at CP's home at 10:12 a.m. We entered through the front door. Gabbie at the top of the steps (split level house) was excited to see us. She giggled and hooted and hollered "Whoo!". she gave the thumbs up sign. She shook our hands. She hugged us.

The big dogs Daisy and Logan were excited to us too. Gabbie yelled at them. "Doggie, no!" That's a new thing for Gabbie that she started recently, scolding the dogs.

Gabbie made us take off our shoes. Gabbie and I played ball, and we played with educational cards. But we didn't stay long. We got ready to go to the zoo. Gabbie got her sandals out, and I helped her place the sandals on her feet.

I applied sunscreen in the bathroom, and Gabbie watched me. We left the house at 10:44 a.m. It took 30 to 35 minutes to get to the zoo.

I pushed Gabbie in the stroller from the parked vehicle and through the gates and into the zoo area. Then Gabbie got up to roam with one of us holding her hand.

The weather was pleasant with temps around 80 degrees and lowish humidity. It was sunny at times to mostly cloudy.

We headed toward the giraffes at the large outdoor African exhibit area. On the way, we watched the wolves that were moving about. Gabbie barked like a dog at the wolves, instead of howling

Gabbie watched the giraffes and the other animals in the exhibit area. We chose not to wait in line to feed the giraffes.

Then we headed back toward the entrance. We visited the polar bear exhibit. I lifted Gabbie up to see a polar bear playing with a large plastic barrel. Two bears were moving about, swimming and frolicking. Gabbie got excited when a House Sparrow flew into the area. She pointed to the bird and she made her word for bird. I knew what she was talking about. I'm watching the polar bears and Gabbie is birdwatching, which is exciting.

We walked inside to get a better view of the polar bears, but Gabbie got sidetracked by the seals, which are fun to watch as they glide effortlessly underwater, sometimes belly up, the show-offs.

We watched the seals for a few minutes, and then Gabbie was on the move again. She doesn't stay one spot long. We went inside the little area to watch the wolves, but Gabbie left soon after entering.

We entered the aviary next. When we entered the room that contained the birds flying around us, Gabbie said, "Wow." But we were only in the room for a couple minutes. I could not get her to stay and watch the birds. We left that room.

We viewed other bird exhibits within the aviary building, which also houses some mammals, such as sloths and hilariously small monkeys that have long, white handlebar-like mustaches. Gabbie gave cursory looks at most of the birds and mammals. She liked pressing buttons on some exhibits. But we left the aviary building rather quickly.

We wandered by the outdoor monkey area. The ring-tailed monkeys were playing and wrestling, but Gabbie was not interested. We did briefly watch one monkey swing all about. Gabbie seemed more interested in stretching her legs. Deb and I took turns pushing the empty stroller and holding onto Gabbie. CP carried Dominic.

Shortly after Noon, Brad arrived at the zoo from work. That was fun and a pleasant surprise.

We walked up and through the outdoor penguin exhibit. Gabbie was a little nervous at first, seeing so many penguins up close, but she settled down and liked to watch the penguins jump into the water and swim.

Then we entered the aquarium. Gabbie likes fish and birds, but once again, Gabbie moved quickly through the entire aquarium. She is the opposite of me. I take forever to cover a museum. Everybody tried to get Gabbie to stop and look at something, but she would look while walking.

Next was the new Museum of Natural History building, which opened back in May. This was my first time in this building. We I came to the zoo back in June or July with CP, Gabbie, and Dominic, we did not enter this building.

The museum of natural history contains a lot of interesting exhibits, including a Metzger Marsh exhibit that housed live critters. Gabbie like playing on the glacial groove exhibit. It looked like what exists at Kelley's Island. The exhibit even showed a simulated glacier that we could touch. Gabbie liked climbing on the simulated glacial grooves and touching the simulated glacier.

The building contains a large auditorium area. I wonder if this will be the location of this November's Ohio Young Birders conference. Gabbie liked moving and moving quickly. She viewed somethings but only briefly. She likes to keep her legs moving. Maybe she will be a runner or a cyclist.

After the natural history building, the time was around 1:00 p.m. We planned to eat a local restaurant, but Gabbie was getting a little fussy and it was around her nap time. I think Gabbie did not want to go. She probably needed a little nourishment. But she wanted to keep moving.

CP and/or Brad got Gabbie into the stroller despite her protesting. Initially, she protested the snack that I offered her, but she wound up eating most of them. I pushed her back to the automobile. I went with CP and the kids. Deb rode with Brad as they stopped at El Camino to pick up lunch.

We arrived back at the house at 1:40 p.m. Gabbie and I played upstairs and downstairs, but when Brad arrived, he put Gabbie down for a nap around 2:00 p.m. Gabbie protested a little, but then she sang or chatted to herself before falling asleep around 2:15 p.m.

Dominic was pretty chill all day. CP fed him at the zoo when necessary. On our way to the zoo, I sat in the far back seat behind Dominic's seat. I played peak-a-boo with Dominic.

We watched Letterkenny during Gabbie's nap. When Gabbie got up, we played, of course. Gabbie played airplane with Nana. Deb laid on her back and she held Gabbie up in the air with her arms and legs. I held Gabbie's legs, and I swung Gabbie back and forth.

We left CP and Brad's around 6:30 p.m. because we were going out with Kim and Brent in the evening to Element 112 and Mancy's Italian restaurant.


Wed, Aug 28, 2019

It has been nearly two weeks since we have seen Dominic and Gabbie.

Today, CP wondered if I wanted to hang out with the kiddos. Of course, I said yes.

I arrived at 11:19 a.m. This time, I entered via the sliding glass doors on the deck, which is the second story, due to the house being a split level. CP said that they were in the backyard, but they entered the house, shortly before I arrived.

Gabbie was at the sliding glass doors, watching me come up the steps. She was naked, and happy about it.

After entering the house, Gabbie gave me the thumbs up sign. Since seeing Gabs last, she has added some words to her vocabulary, or I have not paid attention in the past to the words listed below.

She said "down" and "hug" shortly after I entered the house.

We carried a box/basket of toys from the living room to Gabbie's bedroom. Sometimes, Gabbie carries the basket of toys. Sometimes, Gabbie makes me carry the basket. And sometimes, we both hold onto the basket and carry it together.

Gabbie emptied the box of toys in the tee pee. Gabbie also moved her blankie from the living room to the tee pee. I went with Gabbie. Dominic sat on CP's lap in the living room, facing CP. When Dominic heard us, he turned his head toward me. I chatted with him. Gabbie had started to head back to the bedroom, and when she noticed that I was not right behind her because I was chatting with Dominic, Gabbie waved me back to the bedroom, to follow her.

Gabbie now likes to say, "here" when she wants to order me to go somewhere. She says "here" to make me sit somewhere, such as on the floor, in the tee pee, or on a small chair at her tea table. And she uses "here" to tell me or to allow her to go somewhere, such as downstairs.

We played in the tee pee with the toys and the blanket. We also played outside the tee pee in the bedroom. We played airplane where I lie on my back, and I hold Gabbie up horizontally with my bent legs. I did that with CP back in the mid to late 1990s when CP was five- to nine-years-old.

While in the bedroom, I said something about a ball, and Gabbie said, "ball." Then she wanted out of her bedroom. I opened the door. She went to the top of the steps, which is gated. Gabbie wanted to go downstairs because the crocheted ball and the small soccer ball were downstairs.

At 11:46 a.m., Gabbie and I went downstairs. We got the balls. Gabbie climbed back up to the top of steps because she wanted to roll the balls down the wide railing. Then while on the steps, she grabbed a book from the nearby shelf in the upstairs play area. I helped pull the book off the shelf. Gabbie sat on the steps to "read" the book, and then she took the book downstairs. We keep taking more books and toys downstairs in recent weeks.

I said "boink" when I tossed a ball at Gabbie, and Gabbie said, "boink."

At 12:00 p.m. while were still in the basement playing, Gabbie found a pair of large sunglasses, and they put them on. She likes to wear costume jewelry, hats, and sunglasses.

In my recent trips up, she likes to enter the basement office and look through her old toys from two years ago. And usually, she pulls something out that interests her and takes the toy in the play area of the basement. At 12:03 p.m., Gabbie dug out an old toy from basement office.

At 12:04 p.m., Gabbie had me get out a small car/cart from the basement office that is a little smaller than her Frozen car. I carried the car into the basement play area. Gabbie ordered me to sit on the Frozen car. Two cars means one for each of us. I did. I sat on the Frozen car with Gabbie seated on the other car. Then Gabbie wanted us to switch. This other car that I carried out of the office is smaller and lower to the ground and hard to sit down on and get off of.

At 12:10 p.m., Gabbie at lunch at the dining room table. I sat with her. She ate a lot of blueberries. She ate a stringy mozzarella stick and roast beef lunch meat, and she drank water. She ate everything. I gave her more blueberries and lunch meant. I did not fix veggies though. She loves blueberries like I do.

After lunch, we went to her bedroom. We sat in the tee pee with crayons and a coloring book. I drew my birds. Gabbie drew too in her way.

At 12:36 p.m., I sat on one of the small chairs at Gabbie's small tea table, located in the upstairs play area. Gabbie served me the toy food from her kitchen area and wherever she found the toys. She also likes to place kitchen tools on the table too, which eventually gets very crowded with items.

While seated at the tea table, Gabbie tried to put a tiny big on me. I think the bib was meant for a doll. Since everyone else has placed bibs on Gabbie in the past, I guess this something that needs to be done to all.

At one point, Gabbie left the tea table area, and she went into the living room. She said nothing. She left me. Then she came back with a white tea cup. Catherine said that Gabbie came into the living room and got down on the floor and pulled the tea cup out from under the couch. CP did know how Gabbie knew that the cup was at that location. It's almost as if the memory about the cup hit her when we needed more cups at the tea table.

Gabbie found a hat and the put it on. The stylish derby hat contained pink flowers. Gabbie looked dapper. Well-dressed server.

At 12:49 p.m., we were back in Gabbie's bedroom, playing with toys.

Gabbie said the word "bread" which was new to me.

At 12:53 p.m., Gabbie got MORE toys from the upstairs play area and brought them to the bedroom!! We had a lot of small toys scattered on the bedroom floor and in the tee pee.

Gabbie put on a necklace and bracelets.

At 1:00 p.m., CP said, "Nap time?" to Gabbie, and Gabbie quickly and emphatically replied with "No!"

At 1:02 p.m., Gabbie walked into the living room with her blanket draped around her. CP wanted to dial up a movie for Gabbie. Gabbie said, "Donkey," which meant that Gabbie wanted to watch Shrek. I have played Shrek a lot over the past year for Gabbie.

Gabbie, however, also said, "Shrek" that sounded like "Shek."

At 1:12 p.m., Dominic got chatty. He looked around with big eyes curiously while he sort of stood in his bouncy toy. Dominic loves to watch is his sister play and talk. He focuses on Gabbie.

At 1:20 p.m., I changed Gabbie's diaper. Then Gabbie handed me the TV remote control, and she said "Wawn-uh." Gabbie wanted to watch Moana.

At 1:28 p.m., I dialed up Moana.

At 1:31 p.m., CP told Gabbie that it was nap time, and Gabbie said nothing. No protest. Gabbie carried her small wooden stable of 12 or 13 plastic horses to her bedroom. She said, "Bye" to me. She went to bed easily. Catherine said that Gabbie recently started taking the horses to bed.

When Gabbie laid down for a nap, Dominic was already napping in his crib. CP and I watched Letterkenny. CP dozed off, and I did too for a bit.

At 2:10 p.m., Dominic awoke. I went to get him. He was snuggled within a blanked held close by Velcro. I don't know what this straight jacket thing is called, but it was not used with Gabbie. Anyway, it helps Dominic sleep.

I held and played with Dominic from 2:10 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. when I handed Dominic to CP because Gabbie had been awake from her nap, and she wanted me to play with her, and Dominic seemed to be getting hungry.

During my two hour stint with Dominic, I laid him on his back on the mat. I held him in a sitting position on my lap facing me, and I held him the same way except facing away from me. I walked around the house while holding Dominic against my left shoulder facing toward my back. If Dominic got a little fussy, a new position and/or a new location usually made him happy. He's a pretty chilled baby. He likes to smile and make noises, getting super chatty at times.

At 3:49 p.m. when I held Dominic, I heard a pounding noise that confused me. CP was asleep. I thought that someone was trying to enter the house. Maybe someone was at the door. I didn't know what caused the thumping. I got up to look around, and I realized that it was Gabbie pounding on her bedroom door. She didn't say anything after awaking from her nap, like normal. She simply started pounding on the door.

I let Gabbie out of her room. Gabbie sat with me in the living room next to me on the couch while I held Dominic who wanted to watch Gabbie. Gabbie tried to get me to get up and go with her. Finally, I gave Dominic to CP.

CP had cleaned up Gabbie's room before naptime. Well, it was time to mess it up again. At 4:16 p.m., Gabbie and I carried a basket of toys to her bedroom.

Gabbie said the words "pizza" and "cheese."

At 4:24 p.m., Gabbie got another box of toys from the play area and brought them to her bedroom.

At 4:30 p.m., Gabbie was near the top of the gated steps, and she said, "Down," which meant that Gabbie wanted to go downstairs.

While downstairs, Gabbie looked through a book, and she said, "bear."

Gabbie said, "Hey."

While Gabbie rooted around the downstairs office, especially the desk area, Gabbie found a small flashlight at 5:07 p.m. She immediately went back upstairs with the flashlight. She went into her bedroom to shine the flashlight around.

Then we moved to the play area upstairs. Gabbie got out the foam blocks, and she stacked them herself, which was great to see. I stacked some too.

When Gabbie stacked her foam blocks, she would also knock them down and say, "Oh no!" Of course, she knocked my blocks down too.

Gabbie played with the foam blocks for quite a while, stacking blocks herself and knocking them down and saying, "Oh no!" Over and over. "Oh no!"

Occasionally, Gabbie said, "Oh yeah."

While we both sat on the play area floor, playing with the foam blocks, the cat Roo hopped up onto the tea table beside us. That displeased Gabbie who yelled, "Down!" at Roo, and Gabbie pointed down to the floor when she said, "Down!"

At 5:34 p.m., Gabbie and I together carried the same box/basket of toys from the play area into the bedroom. Gabbie ordered me to get into the tee pee by pointing at the tee pee opening and saying, "Here."

At 5:45 p.m., I was still seated inside the tee pee. Gabbie was on the outside of the tee pee, handing me small toys through the main tee pee opening. I could not see Gabbie. I would only see her hand and maybe a small part of her forearm when she handed me a toy through the tee pee flap opening.

Sometimes when Gabbie hands me something, she says, "Here you go," but other times when she hands me something, she says nothing. She may not even look at me when she hands me something. She expects me to be ready to grab it. She used to do this in her old bedroom in 2018 when she took books off her shelf. She stood facing away from me, pulled a book off the shelf, and held her arm behind her, waiting for me to take the book from her.

Usually when I take something from Gabbie, I will say, "Thank you." But when it goes on and on with small toys, and Gabbie says nothing, then I usually say nothing too. On occasion if I don't say "Thank you" when Gabbie hands me something even when she says nothing, then she will say, "Here you go" after the fact, which I think is her way of saying that she expected a "Thank you" from me.

Anyway, back to the 5:45 p.m. note when I was still seated in the tee pee, taking small toys from Gabbie who sat outside the tee pee. The small toys consisted of animals, kitchen and food toys, and more. I set the toys up in a somewhat organized manner on the tee pee floor. It was quite the display, in my opinion. The toys covered at least 50 percent of the tee pee floor. I ran out of room, since I was still in the tee pee.

At 5:53 p.m., Gabbie ate dinner.

We watched a little TV. Gabbie said the words:

At 6:14 p.m., CP mentioned "bath" to Gabbie, and Gabbie was interested. She likes bath time.

While in the tub, Gabbie used a wash cloth to wash the wall, and she said, "washing."

CP was in the bathtub area while I was nearby in the bathroom sink area, watching Dominic who sat royally in a small, round chair-like gizmo on top of the bathroom sink counter. CP uses this chair to hold Dominic also on the dining room table when Catherine is working in the kitchen.

Dominic sat in the chair and looked around. I tried to entertain him. Gabbie would say "Baw-buh" at times, and then I would peak around the door at Gabbie.

It was a short but busy bath time.

At 6:37 p.m., Gabbie climbed atop Brad and CP's bed, and Gabbie jumped on the bed while watching herself in the mirror. I also picked her up and gently slammed her down on the bed, which Gabbie enjoyed.

Eventually, we went back to the living room and relaxed a little. Gabbie was not ready for bedtime yet, but I left at 7:00 p.m. Gabbie said, "Bye" multiple times.

Today at one point while walking from the basement steps to the landing by the front door, I watched Gabbie walk up the steps by placing each leg on a different step, instead of placing one leg on a step and bring the other leg up to that same step. She walked up the steps like a big person.

And at one point today when I picked her up to carry her a short distance, I realized that her feet still touched the ground. She's getting long.

Gabbie's word for "bird" is "EE' - gat" and/or "EYE - gat".

Deb theorized that maybe Gabbie is trying to say "eagle" and every bird is an eagle. She has said "EE - gat" for bird for a long time, most of 2019. I'm unsure about her saying that last year but maybe.

This was my last time spent with Dominic and Gabbie in August 2019.



In the spring, Gabbie called me: BAB' - baw.

Then in June, she changed it up.

Gabbie now calls me: BAW' - buh.